Vacancy – Seeking co-opted Committee Member with Fundraising and Partnership Expertise
March 29, 2023 | Uncategorised, Vacancy
MSNZ is looking for an individual with skills in fundraising, partnerships and/or marketing to provide direction to the Executive Committee based on sound knowledge and experience. The co-opted member will provide leadership and strategic direction to the governance team in the development of a national fundraising and corporate partnerships strategy.
We are looking for an individual who has a strong empathy with our mission. Specific knowledge of Multiple Sclerosis, community-based organisations and chronic health and disabilities is useful but not necessary.
This is a volunteer role, but expenses are reimbursed.
Ideally the successful candidate will demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Operating within a board or committee in a charitable, public sector or commercial entity. If limited experience, a good understanding of governance responsibilities and experience working with Boards will be considered.
- Development of fundraising and corporate partnerships.
- Strategic planning.
- Building and sustaining relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues to achieve objectives.
- A proven track record of sound judgement and effective decision making.
- A history of impartiality, fairness, and the ability to respect confidences.
- Commitment to promoting equality and diversity.
Knowledge, skills and understanding:
- Commitment to the Society and a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort.
- Preparedness to make unpopular recommendations to the Committee, and a willingness to speak their mind, based on sound analysis.
- Understanding of requirement to put personal views aside to reach consensus in decisions which best meet the Society’s needs.
- Willingness to be available for subcommittee or portfolio responsibilities as required.
- Willingness to support the operational team with governance guidance.
- Good, independent judgement and strategic vision.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities, and liabilities of Committee membership.
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- An understanding of the respective roles of the Chair, Committee Members, and Management.
4-6 meetings are held a year with a mix of in-person and virtual. In person meetings are all day. Costs relating to travel are funded by MSNZ. If a 2-day meeting is required, MSNZ will also arrange accommodation.
Subcommittee meetings are held in-between all Committee Meetings and frequency varies depending on the project or purpose. Subcommittee meetings are held virtually. Meeting locations vary.
Applicants should send a copy of their CV and a brief outline of experience they offer the position to MSNZ President Neil Woodhams firstname.lastname@example.org (021 531 654).
Applications close 19 April 2023 unless the position is fulfilled earlier.
Selection will be by interview. Round 1 by Zoom and Round 2 in person at an agreed time and location with recommendation to Board from there.
Download: MSNZ Co-Opted Committee Member JD – Fundraising and Marketing
Download: MSNZ co-opted Committee Member with Fundraising and Partnership Expertise – Advertisement